Top Gear & Icon Films TT3D: CLOSER TO THE EDGE Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on “How to Enter” form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over except employees of ACP Magazines (the Promoter), their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion. This promotion will be running on the following websites: www.topgear.com/au or http://magsurvey.com.au/TakeSurvey.aspx?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=n43I5n4. Promotional period commences at midday 12:00pm AEST on 4th October 2011 and closes 16th October 2011 at 23:59pm AEST (“Promotional Period”).
To enter, during the Promotional Period go online to one of the following sites: www.topgear.com/au or http://magsurvey.com.au/TakeSurvey.aspx?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=n43I5n4 and complete the competition form as requested. You will need to provide your name, postal address, email address, telephone number along with your answer in 25 words or less to the question:“What’s the craziest thing you’ve done to get closer to the edge”. Submit your completed entry as directed.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit and originality. The judge’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
- Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges consider inappropriate will be deemed invalid.
- Judging will begin on 16:00pm, 17th October at the Promoter’s premises. This promotion will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. Winner will be notified by phone and in writing using contact details provided in their entry. Details of redemption of prize will be outlined to the winner at time of winner notification.
- The best fifteen (x15) entries as determined by the judges will win a prize pack valued at $162.90 each. This prize includes the following; 1 x Double In-Season Film Tickets to see TT3D: CLOSER TO THE EDGE (Valued at $44); 1 x copy of Driver San Francisco on Sony PlayStation 3 (valued at $109.95); 1 x copy of TopGear magazine (valued at $8.95).
- The Total prize pool is valued at up to $12,530
- Prize must be redeemed in full by Thursday, 28th October 2011 and failure to follow these guidelines will result in the winner forfeiting their right to redeem the prizee. No correspondence with be entered into.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the prize subject to the standard terms and conditions and guidelines of the service provider.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner is unable or unwilling to redeem a component of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the winner will forfeit that component of the prize and neither cash nor another prize will be awarded in lieu of the forfeited component of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) redemption of the prizes. And/or (g) participation in the promotion.
- All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. By entering this promotion each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant which does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted for any purposes at its discretion, including (but not limited to) for any future promotion, marketing and publicity purposes.
- By entering the competition, the entrant consents to receipt of any email and/or communication regarding the competition, and other emails and/or communications which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
- The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition are governed by The ACP Magazines Privacy Notice (see contents page of any ACP Magazines Ltd magazine titles for location in each issue).
- The Promoter is ACP Magazines Ltd of 54 Park St Sydney NSW 2000. ABN 18 053 273 546.